Translate

Monday, July 12, 2021

I'm Struggling, How Are You?

 To be honest, I'm struggling and grappling with so much this year.  Many on social media that I see seem to be in the same boat as I am too.

Last night I spoke to my endo and there were so many things out of whack on my recent labs, that if I was a car dashboard every light would be lit, especially the check engine. My body is sick. Every indication is there, but the source is God only knows what. I just know that something is off because my motivation to do anything this Summer is nil. I'm in an inner war as I write this, to either head to the yard to say my daily afternoon prayers, or to just go and lie on the couch with a crossword and a fan blowing on me and eventually fall asleep. Of course, this all comes in the middle of the busiest year, EVER for GloryGloryGifts.com. (That never takes a backseat though. If I fall apart, Tom takes over the operation, so it never sleeps.) That's my motivation to get up and operating in the morning.

I consider myself to be very blessed though as I'm a firm believer in offering my suffering up to God as a form of prayer. There are many days that I do just that. If you ask me that is a perfect form of prayer as there aren't any distractions (come on be honest, you know you are thinking of what's for dinner, what to wear or your come back to someone that cut you off earlier during prayer). The other day I came across a meme, which I just love..... (blessings on Mel for wearing a scapular btw)


The message is a powerful one, I think. Jesus is ALWAYS present to hear our prayers and petitions. Jesus was persecuted, tortured and died for the sins of the world. Our sins. Jesus knows us to our very core and loves us anyway. Honestly, I could look at it another way too..  My suffering is nothing compared to His for me, so every little nuisance, pain, hardship and illness that I suffer can be endured because I'm doing it for Him. That's my way of acknowledging Him and all that he suffered for me. To me, that's what this picture represents. Jesus sees my heart, my soul my entire being and he listens intently when I talk to him. He offers strength, guidance and love even though I'm a fractured, imperfect, sinful human. He loves me. He loves you. He loves everyone equally and that is a beautiful thing to ponder. If you suffer for any reason, offer it up to God for the sins of the world, those that you know and don't know, and for your own. It IS the perfect prayer.

Speaking of prayer (do you see what I did there?), I have some fabulous ones that I say first thing in the morning when I swing my feet over the side of the bed. They help me in two ways. First, they offer all that I do during the day to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Second, they can and do stop me from sinning during the day. Not only say the words, but hear them when you say them. You will think of them during the day when you are tempted to sin, that I know from experience. It offers the good and bad in your day:


O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, 
I offer You my prayers, works, 
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart, 
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world, 
in reparation for my sins, 
for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, 
and in particular
for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Among the others that I say, is the prayer to my Guardian Angel:

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits thee here. Ever this day, be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, to guide.

Another great one to say every morning and evening.  

Pray, every day and often. Offer your suffering up to God for the sins of the world, those close to you and for your own. Be as close to Christ as you can possibly be. If you have eyes to see and ears to hear, it is blatantly obvious that we need to arm ourselves with the armor of Christ. Be strong and may God be with you.

Mare 

P.S. I did venture outside and was met with a glorious sun, monarch butterfly and a small group of finches eating my mulberry tree, so life is good.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment