Translate

Friday, September 4, 2015

Picture of Jesus

I came across this picture and story last week and just had to share it. In short, the picture was taken by a Sister that had just completed a three-day retreat for living in the Divine Will of God. She was taking photos inside a church after a mass. This smiling man showed up in the photos when they were developed. I found the story and photo on The Beautiful Gate blog. (Since the link to that particular page doesn't seem to work, I'm getting a 404 error message, I am quoting the direct text of a portion of the page that has the history of the picture on it. She retains her copyright. The links that are in the text have been disabled as they are broken ones. If you are interested in reading more about Luisa you can visit the website for her beatification at: http://luisapiccarreta.co/.

"Luisa Piccaretta  was a Catholic mystic and you can read more about the Cause of the Beatification of Luisa Piccarretta at http://www.padrebucci.com/id4.html, along with other information about Luisa, including her connection with St. Padre Pio (no, I can't remove the Padre part...lol). Thanks to my friend, who painstakingly translated much of Luisa's writing, I have had the opportunity to read quite a bit about "The Little Daughter of the Divine Will". 

The picture was taken during a retreat on living in the Divine Will. Here is the story behind the photo:

At the end of three days of talks about the Divine Will, given by Fr. Gustavo (who has a number of her original writings) in Leon Guananjuato, Mexico, in closing, he celebrated the Holy Mass on May 25th, 1998 to thank the Divine Volition. After Holy Communion, the new children of the Divine Will pronounced their solemn consecration (their promise to live in the Divine Will of God).

One of the sisters was taking photographs. When she received her developed photographs she discovered what you now see, sharp and clear, without any touch up, of the photograph of Jesus, which shows Him with a beautiful smile. 

"I am the Divine Teacher, the Teacher of the Divine Will, and the souls who live in my Volition are my SMILE." (A locution received by the person who took the photo.)

If you carefully observe the region of Jesus' chest, you will see the silhouette of Fr. Gustavo, dressed with the priestly vestments when celebrating the Holy Mass, when he was raising his arms in the moment of the elevation of the Most Holy Sacrament at the Consecration.
                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend also left me another "explanation" of this picture - "this is from Vol 12, Jan 7, 1921"

“My beloved daughter, after the great sorrow which creatures are giving Me in these sad times, to the extent of making Me cry – and because this is the crying of  God, it resounds in Heaven and on earth - a smile will take over, which will fill Heaven and earth with gladness. This smile will arise on my lips when I see the first fruits - the children of my Will - living not in the human sphere, but in the divine sphere."


Having had my own experiences I am thrilled to share this beautiful photo with you. More important is the message that he gave to the Sister, It is so important to live daily in the Divine Will.

Amen to that Prince of Peace! 

Have a peaceful day everyone.

Mare



No comments:

Post a Comment