Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lamentations


Do you know how some days are just brutal to get through? Yesterday was one of those type of days right up to the point where I made myself a nice little dinner of steak, brown rice and corn. I then went into the living room, snapped on the boob tube (otherwise known as the television) for some Jeopardy and then perched my dish on the arm of the sofa while I fixed the cushions for the umpteenth time because the dog rolled all over it and displaced every last one of them. Well wouldn't you know it? I tugged a bit too hard on the sofa cover and there went my dish, face down, onto the rug beside the couch. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper but Grace, the choodle, was just ecstatic to have steak for dinner. I ended up having a burger with left over hash browns and a salad instead. So Grace feasted on steak and Ruger, the pillow pusher, feasted on the corn and rice which was sprinkled with juice from the meat. Afterwards we were all sated and peace once again ruled supreme in the household.

Later, while reading through my Bible I chose Lamentations to peruse. It's a great read if you are in the midst of a pitty party but after the lamenting comes the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Chapter 3, verses 21-23 were just lovely to end my day with, "But I will call this to mind as my reason to have hope: The favors of the Lord are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent. They are renewed each morning so great is his faithfulness." So the day ended on a high note and I got a fresh new day today to live, and what a gloriously gorgeous day it is today, on my little island, weather-wise.

Glorious, glory - I just love those words - which reminds me. We now have 354 Facebook fans. Have you become a fan yet? Join us on Facebook today at www.Facebook.com/GloryGloryGifts and become a part of our community. We would love to meet you!

Enjoy your day and don't forget to take a little time to stop and smell the roses!

Peace!

Mare

(pictured is our Comfort Cross which is approximately 2.5" x 2" and perfect for your pocket. Our price is just $3.50)

No comments:

Post a Comment