Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Quest

Define irony... irony is when people are afraid to go to places like church, or order from a local Chinese restaurant, for fear of getting COVID-19 yet they stand on line for HOURS with, perhaps, thousands of others trying to get toilet paper and bottled water. Alrighty then...

NY Post article from March 14, 2020

I get it. People are scared to death of this virus and want to be prepared for it lest it comes knocking on their door. Or maybe they are terrified of being on lockdown for two weeks without going anywhere (though the women in the pic looks like she won't have to leave her house for a year or so, at least to get t.p.).

This is how Tom and I roll and it never, ever, fails. Our groceries and personal hygiene things, like t.p., run low and a natural disaster hits so we can't get our staples of bread, milk, eggs, because they are sold out. It happens again and again and we rarely have a month supply of anything in the house. Of course, it happened again just last week when the shut downs started to occur. So, on Wednesday I put in an order for Shoprite from home, including our staples and t.p. We got the delivery the next day and, of course, no t.p., they are sold out. I needed office supplies so I said to myself, self, order t.p. from Staples. Order came on Friday, no t.p. It's on back order. So we currently have 1.5 rolls of t.p. in the house with our back ordered package arriving (fingers crossed) this Wednesday. When it arrives I'm going to feel like Indiana Jones did when he found the Ark of the Covenant. I'm going to be elated, and awed and I bet a tear of emotion will slide down my cheek too in sheer gratitude to Staples for delivering on their promise to deliver the goods. My quest will be fulfilled, praise the Lord! 

While the world is literally crashing around me I am unbelievably calm though. Illness can strike at any time and I can tell you that from experience. Anything can take you down and in the words of Bon Jovi, "I ain't gonna live forever." Many of my friends and family members have devastating chronic illnesses that keep them home bound for weeks on end, myself included. The one thing we all share, though our illnesses differ, is our strong faith in God. As the collective "they" say, if God brings it to you, He will bring you through too.

As my quest for toilet paper continues it is my hope that this virus brings people back to God. Maybe while people are on lockdown they can pray together or read the Bible as a family. Talk to God and each other. Truthfully? You should be contemplating your relationship with God all the time, as you never know when your time is up. It is times like this when God starts to hear from people that he hasn't heard from in years. Make conversations with Him a part of your daily life so that when the world starts spinning again you will be in good company with Him and hopefully also by then He will be an integral part of your life.

I'm always reminded of the line in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "my soul is ready Dr. Jones. Is yours?" I want to be able to say yes at all times. I want everyone to be able to say it as well, so I will pray for conversion of hearts as well as for all those that get sick or die from COVID-19. Let us all turn to God for direction, healing, peace and grace during this trying time in our history.


Peace Within

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you
May you be confident knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us. 
- St. Therèse of Lisieux and St. Theresa of Avila

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.

God bless us all.

Mare

P.S. We DO have paper towels in the house so no worries... all is not lost.

Update! Our t.p. arrived yesterday, the 18th. Thank you Staples!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete