Translate

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Babe


Oh silent though the night falls near
she lays her head upon the straw
In the darkened crevice of a lowly cave
she knows her Son will soon be born
A starburst ignites in the heavens above
as it dwarfs the other stars in the sky
when He comes into our world
and looks into her face
the teardrops glide down from her eyes
This young woman has loved
this babe in her arms
from the moment she was chosen to be
the mother of this perfect, beautiful infant
who would grow to save humanity
But for now she can nurse Him at her breast
count His fingers and His toes
caress His face and watch Him sleep
Kiss His belly and His nose
A mother's depth of love is endless
that's the way it is meant to be
For to gaze into the face of your child
is a moment of sheer ecstasy.



An original work of poetry by Marianne E. Hare 12/17/10

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne!
    Your poem is so beautiful!

    I also loved your tree with the lighted hanging stars behind it. So pretty.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn! Thanks for the lovely comment. I wanted to do something a little different for my Christmas post so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    LOL, the lights on the tree were a whim but it looked really pretty when the lights were out in the living room. Also, you can't really see them but I had snow flakes in the windows that lit up. The tree stars were part of the outside display too because you could see them from the street. Don't you just love Christmas lights? I know I do!

    I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete