Translate

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Meltdown, The Aftermath and My Real Morning Routine


I had a serious meltdown a few weeks ago and, to make matters worse, splashed it all over Twitter. I'm not quite sure where it came from but part of it had to be the fact that I was suffering with a staph infection from H E double toothpicks. Then, of course, I had an awful reaction to the antibiotic, which it turns out has a black box warning (my esophagus wishes it knew that). Usually, I keep my whiny, pity parties to myself but no ~ there it is on Twitter for all to see.

But, something miraculous happened that immediately lifted my spirits and made me feel valued and loved as an individual. Within minutes I started to get comments, likes, retweets and messages all telling me that I was being prayed for and that God loved me. It was an overwhelming joy to see them all. Some were very concerned with what I should do with my time, which was awe inspiring.

The truth is, though, that I have a pretty unique life as compared to others. It's different, to say the least, but I reach people every day (even though my wings have been clipped) and, according to Tom, make a difference in their lives.  My day is filled with working at my business, which promotes prayer and faith through its products, this blog, our biz page, our Bible study page and I pray, a LOT. Aside from meals, and a few shows I watch, that's it. That's my life. As all of those on Twitter and my son pointed out, that's the most important thing that I can do ~ Make a difference in a life, and pray.

I wanted to share my morning prayers with you all. They are the first thing that I do when I swing my feet over the side of the bed in the morning. Sometimes, I even start them before I open  my eyes and way before any caffeine is flowing through my veins. If you say these prayers, they take about 17-20 minutes, depending on what your intentions are; I have a long list of individuals I pray for. 

Print them out. Enjoy them. Make time to say them, and by the time you have your coffee you will have prayed for so many people and souls! God bless and have a good day.

Mare

The * denotes a new prayer.

*Oh my God, I thank thee from my heart for having watched over me this day and for bringing me now to the beginning of a new day. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

*In the name of God I commence this day. I will avoid sin and everything that leads to it, and I pledge myself to Jesus Christ forever. Glory be to the Father who created me; Glory be to the Son who redeemed me; Glory be to the Holy Spirit who sanctifies me.

*My God, I offer thee this day, all I may think or do or say. Uniting all with what is done by Jesus Christ, thy only Son. Oh my God I believe in thee. Oh my God I hope in thee. Oh my God I love thee with my whole heart and soul.

*Sweet heart of Jesus I implore, that I should love thee more and more.

*Sweet heart of Mary be my salvation.

*Oh good Jesus bless me and all who are near and dear to me. St. Joseph pray for me. St. Michael and my holy patron saints pray for me.

*Oh angel of God, my guardian dear. To whom God's love commits you here, ever this day be at my side. To light and guard to rule and guide. Amen.

*Oh Mary, my Queen and my Mother! I give myself entirely to thee, I consecrate to thee this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being, without reserve. Wherefore good Mother, as I am thine own, keep me and guard me as they property and possession. Amen.

*Oh Jesus, through the Immaculate heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day, for all of the intentions of thy Sacred Heart in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world in reparation for my sins, those of my associates and in particular for the intentions of the holy Father. Amen.

*The Angelus 

  The angel of the Lord declared unto Mary, and she conceived by the Holy Spirit (Hail Mary..)

   Behold the handmaid of the Lord; let it be done unto me according to thy word (Hail Mary...)

   and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us (Hail Mary....)

Let us pray, pour forth we beseech thee Oh Lord, thy grace into our hearts, that we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His passion and cross be brought to the glory of His resurrection through the same Christ, Our Lord. Amen. 

*St. Gertrude prayer: Eternal Father I offer thee, the most precious blood of thy divine Son in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory. 

*The Novena of the day is done now. Monday: Mirculous Medal, Tuesday: St. Anthony, Wednesday: Elizabeth Ann Seton, Thursday, St. Jude, Friday: Serran Novena for vocations. 

*Prayer for the sick and those in need: Lord God, by whose wise providence the destinies of men are ordered. Graciously hear the prayers of your people united to one another by faith and love.

  We pray for those who are ill that God give them courage and resignation to His Will, and then, if He sees fit in His mercy, relief from their sufferings. Grant it Oh Lord, we humbly pray.

  We pray for the unemployed, the hungry, the homeless, for those suffering persecution or privation of any sort, and for those addicted to drugs or liquor, that God in his mercy help them through their trials, until they regain their heritage of freedom and happiness. Grant it Oh Lord, we humbly pray.

  Oh God our refuge and our strength and source of all goodness, hear the holy prayers of your church and grant that we may obtain what we have asked in faith, through Christ our Lord. Amen. 

*Fatima Prayers

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love You. I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love you.

Oh most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly. I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners.

Most Holy Trinity, I adore You! My God, my God, I love You in the most Blessed Sacrament.  

(For offering a suffering to Him) Oh Jesus this is for the love of You, for the conversion of poor sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need. 

*Prayer to my Patron Saints: Glorious saint(s), my beloved patron(s), you served God in humility and confidence on earth. Now you enjoy his beatific vision in heaven. You persevered til death and gained the crown of eternal life. Remember now the dangers and confusion and anguish that surround me and intercede for me in my needs and troubles, especially..... Amen.

*St. Michael prayer  

O glorious St. Michael, guardian and defender of the Church of Jesus Christ, come to the assistance of this Church, against whom the powers of hell are unchained, guard with especial care her august Head, and obtain that for him and for us the hour of triumph may speedily arrive. O glorious Archangel St. Michael, watch over us during life, defend us against the assaults of the demon, assist us especially at the hour of death; obtain for us a favorable judgment, and the happiness of beholding God face to face for all eternity. St. Michael, intercede for me with God in all my necessities, especially (name it). Obtain for me a favorable outcome in the matter I recommend to you. Mighty prince of the heavenly host and victor over rebellious spirits, remember me for I am weak and sinful and so prone to pride and ambition. Be for me, I pray, my powerful aid in temptation and difficulty and above all do not forsake me in my last struggle with the powers of evil. Amen. 

*Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Oh Holy Spirit, You are the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. You are the Spirit of truth, love and holiness, proceeding from the Father and the Son, and equal to Them in all things. I adore You and love You with all my heart. Teach me to know and to seek God, by whom and for whom I was created. Fill my heart with a holy fear and a great love for Him. Give me compunction and patience, and do not let me fall into sin.

Increase faith, hope and charity in me and bring forth in me all the virtues proper to my state of life. Help me to grow in the four cardinal virtues, Your seven gifts and Your twelve fruits.

Make me a faithful follower of Jesus, an obedient child of the Church and a help to my neighbor. Give me the grace to keep the commandments and to receive the sacraments worthily. Raise me to holiness in the state of life to which You have called me, and lead me through a happy death to everlasting life. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Grant me also, O Holy Spirit, Giver of all good gifts, the special favor for which I ask {name special petition}, if it be for Your honor and glory and for my well being. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment