Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I Think I Have Figured It Out

It was while I was bored out of my mind yesterday and contemplating life. I'm not sure what the catalyst was for such deep thoughts; perhaps it was hunger. I was, after all, waiting for my delivery of a Tuscan Salad from Kingdom Cafe (which was actually ghastly and sooooo not worth the wait or money). It came to me during a thoughtful review of my life thus far (the meaning of this post, not the salad). I am no longer considered middle-aged and haven't been for a while. Maybe it is just the age thing that makes you think back, IDK.

What did I figure out? It came to me that the lesson that I'm supposed to learn while on this glorious earth is (drum roll please)  forgiveness.

You know how God works. You say God, give me patience. Instead of just being infused with it He gives you someone you have to learn to be patient with (unless it is one of the gifts that He has given you.) God, give me strength is a good one. How many times I have asked for strength and was challenged beyond belief with some kind of struggle. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well, I can bench press a 1973 Cadillac at this point.

 I do believe that we are here to learn some thing, or many things as well as to share our gifts. Looking back, yeah, forgiveness has always been front and center in my life. I have had many opportunities and experiences where I have been called on to forgive others and, after all, I am supposed to do that seventy times seven to infinity and beyond if memory serves me correctly. I have let so many of those indiscretions go, but it has been a struggle. I can admit that. Some of them were incredibly difficult to forgive and took years but it is part of life to move forward. You probably won't forget, but you can forgive. It is a necessity and quite healthy for you to do so. I have found that the more people I forgive, the lighter the load on my shoulders becomes.

I know that God forgives me my trespasses. I must do the same for others. It says just that in the prayer Jesus gave us on the mount. You know, the Our Father...

Therefore, I forgive those that abused me sexually, physically and emotionally. I forgive those that stole from me. I forgive those that took away my friends and family members over Lockerbie, Scotland, in the 80's and on 9/11. I forgive those that mocked me for my faith or physical appearance. I forgive my son's Father for never being there for either of us. That is his loss, not mine. I forgive those that have made me feel unloved, unwelcomed and more of an after thought than a priority. As of today, I forgive all those that have trespassed against me. I will just let it go and leave it all in the past.

I hope that all that I have trespassed against can do the same for me.

God bless and have a good week.

Mare


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely letter from your soul. I say, "good for you girl". God bless and keep moving forward. HE clears your path. Walk it sister. <3 Your new friend, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, and don't trip myself, I'm good to go! Blessings to you too, my friend.

    ReplyDelete