Translate

Monday, April 25, 2011

Perfection



Perfection


It hit me today like I had run into a brick wall
I had to catch my breath as my prayers became choked in my throat and the realization overwhelmed me
It was as if He declared it to me, clearly. Directly.
He loves me, unconditionally. HE. LOVES. ME.
It doesn’t matter how I look
even if I’ve just woken up and I have bed hair or grew a third eye or second nose on my face overnight
He doesn’t care that I am not draped in silks or extravagant clothing
He would love me if I were wearing a potato sack and was barefoot
He would never let me suffer alone; He would be right beside me every step of the way
When he looks at me I am the only person that He sees
Yes, I am that important to Him
He knows me more intrinsically than I know myself sometimes -
my heartbreaks, my joys and what will come out of my mouth before I say it
even if I don’t realize what I have said
He knows my soul, He knows my heart and He knows that I am not perfect, not yet anyway,
but that doesn’t stop me from trying to be perfect in His eyes every day so that
I, at least, will feel that I deserve this incredible gift of His love
He will never say an unkind word to me or about me
He is my strength when I have nothing else to give
He is my hope when this life seems to be at its darkest
He is the light that guides me every single day so that I do not get lost in the craziness
….and all that I have to do to spend all eternity with Him is to let nothing come between us, to trust in Him and to love Him back with every breath in my body and with every beat of my heart. He, and He alone, deserves nothing less than a perfect and pure love from me.





Marianne E. Hare
April 25, 2011


Remember: This Sunday, May 1st is the feast of the Divine Mercy. Check with your local parishes for events or learn about St. Faustina and her visions of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment