Translate

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Honestly......

I do not know how people get through life without faith in Jesus Christ. Admittedly, like Alexander, I am having a terrible, horrible, awful day (well actually it has been more like a month). Here's the thing, people are disappointing. People can be mean. People can be hateful. People can suck the life out of you. You turn on the news and it is just filled with hate: A man murdering disabled individuals in Japan because of hate; A man murdering a priest and injuring many others because of hate; A man driving a van and firing an automatic weapon into a crowd of people because of hate; A man walking into a mall and shooting teens because of hate, the list goes on and on and on.

The world is spinning out of control. Sex, drugs, greed, lust, avarice, sloth, murder, narcissism, and idol worship are becoming the norm and if you do not agree with the ways of the world you are degraded and shunned.  According to them, if you are not with them you are against them. You have to pick a side now. You have to have a label or you are useless in society and God help you if you are the wrong labels.

Right now I'm having a personal crisis and I am hanging by a thread. Thankfully that thread is the one on my rosary beads. It is ONLY Jesus Christ that gets me up and going in the morning.  It is only Jesus Christ that sustains me in body and soul. It is only Jesus Christ that supports me and loves me unconditionally. I know that, yet, with all the blessings that I have had from him and through him, I still struggle. He has revealed himself to me in dreams, interior locutions, photos and I have even seen him with my own eyes and I know that he is a very real and important part of my life. To me, it isn't a matter of faith, it is truth. He is truth. Yet, the world can beat me down.

So, how do people without faith get through life without Jesus? I haven't a clue but my guess is that their emptiness is being filled up with the wrong things; the things of Satan. What an incredibly sad world this is becoming. Which side do you choose?

Have a peaceful week.

Judge less ~ pray more.

Mare

No comments:

Post a Comment