Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ebay and Us

As you may know, sometimes we put items for sale on ebay. Sometimes it is done to move products out of our inventory. Most of the time, however, it is to introduce new customers to our website, as there are many people that visit ebay on a daily basis.

I do want to address some things that I feel you should be made aware of if you are purchasing from us on ebay. With the new changes they have made I cannot address them on our profile there, so I have decided to address them here.

Soapbox warning!! I have to admit, that I am not comfortable with anything less than a 5% rating on shipping and communication.  I have noticed that even though we DO have a 100% approval rating, the 4.9% on our shipping and communication bothers me tremendously. (Yes, I still have that type A, anal person living inside of me somewhere.)

Shipping: As a company, we do not overcharge on any of our shipping. If you look at other  companies (not only on ebay but all over the web) they charge exorbitant amounts for it.  In fact, if you pay over $1.00 of what it has cost us to ship an item to you, we will refund it to your paypal account in the majority of cases. Personally I do not believe in bilking people out of their hard-earned money.

Also regarding shipping, we have a ONE day turn around time. In ALL cases the products are packaged the same day we receive the order and if the order is received prior to 2:00 P.M. it will go out the same day. Even though our postal officer picks it up, it may take UP TO 48 hours for the tracking information to load. Staten Island does NOT have a central post office. All daily mail goes to Brooklyn for shipping. You can see that on the tracking information. Staten Island may scan it into the system, but everything is shipped from Brooklyn. Once a package leaves our hands it is the responsibility of the postal service to get the item to you. By processing your order within the one-day promised, we have fulfilled our commitment to our customer. THAT is what should be considered when leaving feedback on shipping. NOT your disillusionment with the postal service. By the way, if you need something quicker, please use the priority mail option which is on both ebay and the website.  Please keep all of this in mind when you are leaving feedback on ebay. Trust me, it is an inconvenience to Staten Islanders too, but does not delay the shipping of your item whatsoever. It is in transit the minute it leaves our hands.

We do not charge a handling fee, nor do we charge a restocking fee for any returned item. We do not charge you a sales tax either, which we have the option to do. The sales tax in NY is currently 8.875%. 

We do wish that we could offer free shipping to all of our customers. However you have to realize that we pay for your sales tax, the products, the boxes and envelopes you receive the items in, tissue paper, ink, computers, labels, packaging wraps and peanuts, ebay and paypal fees, as well as web-hosting ones, utilities, etc. ALL of the proceeds of your sale goes right back into the business as a product or a cost of business. We do not have one salaried employee on our staff. We all do this for the love of God and of our products (which I am personally very proud of). It is ONLY because of our larger items that we sell that we can offer items like the infant rosary beads and the Divine Mercy Keychain on ebay. Both of those items are extremely popular too!

Communication: I will be honest. I do not like the computer generated messages that ebay sends. I find them to be very impersonal. Therefore, I write a note of thanks to each and every customer that purchases from us on there. Last evening I received an email from someone in Canada regarding when she can expect her order. I was on the telephone with ebay at 11:35 PM to answer her question. I am at a loss here. She was very thankful for my assistance (and will hopefully leave feedback) but I do not understand the rating. I am not sure if people do not believe my sincerity when I wish good things and blessings for them (like when they buy an infant rosary), but, hey, that is just how I am. Maybe they just want the impersonal message. IDK. I believe that to reach out to them is the professional thing to do. Whatever happened to personalized service anyway? So do I send a personal message or not? What do you think?

Feedback: I welcome your feedback. With every sale a seller must leave feedback for the buyer and it can only be positive. It does take time to process an order, ship it and sometimes even drive it to the post office, leave feedback for the buyer and then (for me anyway) to write a personal message. Sadly, only 10% of buyers leave feedback and they have the option to make or break a company on there.

I would like to think that Glory Glory Gifts stands apart from our competitors. That we provide quality products at affordable prices. That we strive to get your item into your hands at the actual price of shipping. That we take pride in how our items are packaged and delivered to you. That you feel that we value your business.

I do not want to be a company that is in it only for the money. One that throws your product in a box with newspaper shreddings and overcharges for shipping just to make a buck. It would be so much easier to just let you pay for your own sales tax; it is the law and it can get pretty costly when you are paying for everyone's purchase. We could also very easily jack up every one of our prices, which are usually about 30% less than other competitors.

That is not how I want to do business though. It is not in my nature and frankly I think it is disgraceful to sell religious products and take advantage of people the way so many do.

All we ask in return is for you to be gentle with us in your feedback. Fair, but gentle. I don't bite. If you have a question contact me. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a peaceful week.

Mare


No comments:

Post a Comment