Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2018

His Divine Mercy

I found this prose today while cleaning out my office. Though a bit rough, it captures my emotions from that day, which were all over the place. It was written on March 2, 2014.

"I was so inspired in the chapel today, so overwhelmed with emotion, that I grabbed my pen and paper. I love the oil painting in there by Ron Gatto and was inspired to write this." Ron owns the copyright on this image but has allowed me to share it.

His Divine Mercy

Lord, your rays of divine mercy engulf my soul.
I feel your forgiveness and unconditional love with each pulse of my heart.
Lord, if I could, I would wash your feet with my tears and let them fall as softly as a morning mist on a meadow
even though they be oceans of tears of regret for not always living my life in your light.
Oh Lord, that I could wipe the sweat from your brow and anoint your wounds with a soothing salve. It was, after all, my sins and those of others that caused your stripes.
I yearn to loosen myself from this world so that I may glorify you and give you thanks and praise
as I should each and every moment of this earthly existence.
Without the temptations of this world, how focused and insular my prayers and thoughts would be.
Make me worthy, Lord, to be with you for all eternity.
I am your humble servant who longs to see your face.
For this I pray,
Amen.




The cross before me, the world behind me. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment